Σάββατο, 11 Αυγούστου 2012
Πέμπτη, 9 Αυγούστου 2012
|Karlheinz Deschner (left) and Richard Dawkins (right) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|Reason Rally DC 2012 (Photo credit: SPakhrin)|
- Sean Faircloth's Speech at Rock Beyond Belief
- Is America a Christian Nation? or One Nation Under the Constitution? - Sean Faircloth - RichardDawkins.net
- Religious Extremism In Public Schools: Sean Faircloth interviews author Katherine Stewart - - - RichardDawkins.net
- Interview with Sean Faircloth - Matthew Rothschild - Progressive Radio
- More blurring between religion and government in America
- Spare The Rod 2; The Doctrine Of Abuse In The Name Of God
Τετάρτη, 8 Αυγούστου 2012
|English: Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Cambridge Massachusetts (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Τρίτη, 7 Αυγούστου 2012
|PhotonQ-Closing In to Higgs Boson (Photo credit: PhOtOnQuAnTiQuE)|
However, the hunt for Higgs is part of a much grander search for how the universe works. It promises to help answer questions like why we exist and is a vital part of a Grand Unified Theory of nature. At the heart of the pursuit of the elusive particle is the same feature that makes snowflakes beautiful and human faces attractive: the simple and enchanting idea of symmetry.
|An example of simulated data modelled for the CMS particle detector on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. Here, following a collision of two protons, a is produced which decays into two jets of hadrons and two electrons. The lines represent the possible paths of particles produced by the proton-proton collision in the detector while the energy these particles deposit is shown in blue. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
It is expected to address some of the most fundamental questions of physics, advancing the understanding of the deepest laws of nature.
The LHC lies in a tunnel 27 kilometres (17 mi) in circumference, as deep as 175 metres (574 ft) beneath the Franco-Swiss border nearGeneva, Switzerland.
This synchrotron is designed to collide opposing particle beams of either protons at an energy of 7 teraelectronvolts (7 TeV or 1.12 microjoules) per nucleon, or lead nuclei at an energy of 574 TeV (92.0 µJ) per nucleus (2.76 TeV per nucleon).
The term hadron refers to particles composed of quarks. The Large Hadron Collider was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) with the intention of testing various predictions of high-energy physics,
including testing for the existence of the hypothesized Higgs boson and of the large family of new particles predicted by supersymmetry.
It was built in collaboration with over 10,000 scientists and engineers from over 100 countries, as well as hundreds of universities and laboratories.
Credit to Original Uploader
- How we do Big Data to Compute for the Large Hadron Collider
- Overwhelming Complexity: An Interactive Panorama Of The Large Hadron Collider
- Physicists unveil plans for 'LEP3' collider at CERN
- Is it or isn't it? The Higgs boson story
- Is the 'God particle' an impostor? Scientists claim signal found in Large Hadron Collider may not be Higgs after all
- Cern Large Hadron Collider scientists hail God particle find
Δευτέρα, 6 Αυγούστου 2012
Κυριακή, 5 Αυγούστου 2012
|Mujahideen crossing in from Pakistan border, Afghanistan (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
*For the idiots who believe O Reilly * - One of the CIA's longest and most expensive covert operations was the supplying of billions of dollars in arms to the Afghan mujahideen militants. The CIA provided assistance to the fundamentalist insurgents through the Pakistani secret services, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), in a program called Operation Cyclone. Somewhere between $3--$20 billion in U.S. funds were funneled into the country to train and equip troops with weapons. Together with similar programs by Saudi Arabia, Britain's MI6 and SAS, Egypt, Iran, and the People's Republic of China, the arms included Stinger missiles, shoulder-fired, antiaircraft weapons that they used against Soviet helicopters and that later were in circulation among terrorists who have fired such weapons at commercial airliners. Osama bin Laden was allegedly among the recipients of U.S. arms, although the US denies this and claims it did not support the "Afghan Arabs". Pakistan's secret service, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was used as an intermediary for most of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.
With U.S. and other funding, the ISI armed and trained over 100,000 insurgents - Wikipedia .
- Al Qaeda Mujahideen Google search .
|Flag of Australia (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
|Español: un gorilla press slam (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- In a first for protests, religious organisation slams website ban
- Top Muslim cleric Yakupov gunned down in Russia - Fox News
- Book Review: "Islam Unveiled" by Robert Spencer
- Radical Islam is infiltrating U.S. prisons and is making sustained effort to indoctrinate inmates
- Via Youtube-Uncommon Knowledge With Fouad Ajami And Charles Hill